"Because the purpose of business is to create a customer, the business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation." - Peter Drucker
Paul Writer is founded by Jessie Paul, considered an expert in brand internationalization and frugal marketing. As Chief Marketing Officer of Wipro's IT business, Head of Marketing for iGATE Global, and as Global Brand Manager at Infosys, she has been recognized for her contribution towards putting the Indian IT industry on the global map. Jessie is the author of No Money Marketing, Tata McGraw-Hill's fastest selling professional book on marketing. Jessie is an alumnus of IIM Calcutta and REC Trichy.
What can Paul Writer do for you?
“We engaged with Paul Writer during the relaunch of Ramco OnDemand ERP, our Cloud offering, in the areas of branding, positioning, and go-to-market strategy.
The team came up with a host of innovative and cost-effective ideas that helped us establish ourselves as brand Ramco.
They really understand the pulse of consumers and give you a clear-cut idea about human behavior, which is the genesis of any successful campaign. We are very happy with the outcomes that we have been able to develop together.” - Garima Sinha, Head - Marketing, Ramco Systems
- Creating a marketing strategy and executable plan in collaboration with the firm's executive team
- Validating the current plan
- Managing the strategic marketing function
- There is a spike in marketing activity due to a launch, acquisition, integration of a merger, name change
- You need a temporary increase in strategic bandwidth for the marketing function
- Need for 3rd party validation of a marketing plan
- Large, established organizations
- Growth organizations with a marketing budget of around $500K
- While many of our clients are in the technology space, we have also worked with clients in construction and allied industries
Typically these are 3/6/12 month retainer engagements, managed with a combination of face-to-face and virtual meetings and communication by the Paul Writer team. Jessie Paul is the principal consultant.
“We engaged with Jessie Paul and the team at Paul Writer during the launch phase of our organization in the areas of corporate identity, positioning, social media and go-to-market strategy.
They came up with innovative ideas and helped us build the right marketing ecosystem with specialists for media, digital etc.
They went the extra mile to deliver beyond the contracted requirements and exceeded our expectations.” - Ashok Soota, Chairman, Happiest Minds
“In the run up to determine our Brand Positioning, we engaged Jessie Paul, CEO Paul Writer to facilitate a workshop for us. We are indeed very happy and satisfied with the outcomes achieved within a short time span.”
Indraneel Ganguli, Senior Vice President - Marketing & Communications
Paul Writer conducts 1-day workshops in the following areas:
- Positioning Strategy
- Brand Blueprint
- Social Media for Marketing Practitioners
- Social Media for Senior Executives
- Content Marketing
- Effective PR for Marketing Practitioners
- Executive Branding for Senior Executives
- Brand You
- Self-Actualization - a Marketing Perspective
- Marketing Plan Evaluation and Optimization
Workshops are customized for each client. Though the delivery of the workshop is usually one day pre-work is often required to maximize the impact of the session.
“Jessie Paul of Paul Writer conducted a well-researched training session on Social Media marketing for B2B companies at the Aegis Global Marketing Conference 2012.
Her experience and knowledge was of great value to the marketing team who took many practical lessons away from the session.”
Executive Vice President - Marketing
Voice of Customer:
"I had the best time at the The Futurist CMO Conclave held recently in Delhi. Jessie has been a constant propagator of strategic marketing and that shone through at the conference. The quality of attendees and speakers was fantastic. With CMOs from the best companies in the country presenting and interacting there was so much to learn. It was a pleasure to meet with peers from the industry and exchange notes. I must add that the panel discussions on a varied range of subjects were very enriching.”
- Dharini Mishra, Global Head - Group Brand Management, Suzlon
Paul Writer hosts conferences for practitioners and senior executives with a passion for marketing. These build on the 10,000 strong community that interacts with Paul Writer through the website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Communities, and provide an offline forum for idea exchange and peer learning.
The conferences are of two types:
1. Paul Writer Brand Properties - these include The Futurist CMO Conclave and Great Indian Marketing Summit and CMO Roundtable Breakfasts. Co-hosted by multiple sponsors, these attract between 50 and 100 CMO attendees depending on the format. Previous sponsors include IBM, Dell, Unmetric, Vdopia, Strategic Outsourcing and One97
2. Paul Writer Co-hosts - these programs are created in association with a partner firm and custom-designed around a specific objective. Previous co-hosts include IBM and Strategic Outsourcing.
Jessie Paul is also a popular speaker at marketing, business and diversity programs, both in India and abroad.
Voice of Customer
“The fact that it brings the best marketing minds on one platform is the strongest USP. Excellent group with really deep insights. Highly recommended for marketing professionals.”
Ajit Sharma, Director Marketing, South Asia at Elsevier
WHAT DOES PAUL WRITER MEAN?
Writer: A person entrusted with managing a tea or coffee estate including the marketing and operational management. A trusted advisor of the estate owner. Origin: Colonial English.
Paul Writer: A trusted advisor to brand owners.
Paul Writer: A trusted advisor to brand owners.
West African symbol or adinkra for "help me and let me help you"